We have a dedicated data protection officer (“DPO”). You can contact the DPO using the details below, marking it for the attention of the DPO or going to Contact Us.
Bonamy Finch may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st May 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
• contact information including email address
• demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
• other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
We collect this information from you directly, or through information generated when you use our products and services.
What are the legal grounds for our processing of your personal information?
We rely on the following legal bases to use your personal data:
• Where it is needed to provide you with our products or services
• Where it is in our legitimate interests to do so
• To comply with our legal obligations
• For a public interest
• With your explicit consent
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping.
• We may use the information to improve our products and services.
• Updating your records, tracing your whereabouts and recovering debt
• To provide personalised content and services to you, or to develop new products that are more relevant to you.
• For management and auditing of our business operations including accounting
• We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. We may collect information on whether you have interacted with these promotional emails.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
• We may share your information with the following third parties for the purposes listed below:
o Business partners (for example, market research organisations, new business development companies), for the sole purpose of developing new clients, products and services for Bonamy Finch (for the avoidance of doubt: your details will not be used by the partners for any activity not related to Bonamy Finch)
o Other organisations and businesses who provide services to us, such as credit reference, debt recovery and fraud prevention agencies
We’re based in the UK but sometimes your personal information may be transferred outside the European Economic Area. If we do so we’ll make sure that suitable safeguards are in place, for example by using approved contractual agreements, unless certain exceptions apply.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
Unless we explain otherwise to you, we’ll hold your personal information based on the following criteria:
• for as long as we have reasonable business needs, such as managing our relationship with you and managing our operations
• For as long as we provide goods and/or services to you
• Retention periods in line with legal and regulatory requirements or guidance.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, or you wish to find out what information we hold about you, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may unsubscribe from any email communications you receive from us by clicking ‘unsubscribe’ at the bottom of any of our emails, or by contacting us using the details below.
We’re unable to provide you with our products or services if you do not provide certain information to us. In cases where providing some personal information is optional, we’ll make this clear.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
This section governs your use of the software application SigTest (“Application”) for mobile devices that was created by Bonamy Finch Marketing Services Limited. The Application is a formula based tool for testing the statistical reliability of pairs of values relating to observed variables.
What information does the Application obtain and how is it used?
User Provided Information
• The Application obtains the information you provide when you download the Application.
Automatically Collected Information
• In addition, the Application may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile devices unique device ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browsers you use, and information about the way you use the Application.
This Application does not collect precise information about the location of your mobile device.
Do third parties see and/or have access to information obtained by the Application?
Only aggregated, anonymised data is periodically transmitted to external services to help us improve the Application and our service. We will share your information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement.
We may disclose User Provided and Automatically Collected Information:
• as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
• when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
• with our trusted services providers who work on our behalf, do not have an independent use of the information we disclose to them, and have agreed to adhere to the rules set forth in this privacy statement.
• if Bonamy Finch Marketing Services Limited is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of this information, as well as any choices you may have regarding this information.
What are my opt-out rights?
You can stop all collection of information by the Application easily by uninstalling the Application. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
Data Retention Policy, Managing Your Information
We will retain Automatically Collected information for up to 24 months and thereafter may store it in aggregate.
We are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your information. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect information we process and maintain. For example, we limit access to this information to authorized employees and contractors who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our Application. Please be aware that, although we endeavor provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
If you have any questions regarding privacy while using the Application, or have questions about our practices, please contact us using the details below.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, or if you wish to exercise your rights or contact the DPO, you can contact us by going to the Contact Us section of our website. Alternatively, you can write to Bonamy Finch, Coveham House, Downside Bridge Road, Cobham, Surrey KT11 3EP, marking it for the attention of the DPO.